Monday, November 2, 2009

Thirst for knowledge never dies.

You know, everybody keeps grumbling about how having to study is such a pain in the backside, how they dread exams or how they'd much rather watch twenty episodes of "Kahani Ghar Ghar Kii" back to back than look at their text books.


If I was stuck in say a Medical college or a Banking and Insurance  course, I think I'd pretty much be grumbling about the same thing. I'll never forget the days in school when I had to drag myself through pointless subject like Physics and Chemistry or the days in Junior College when I had to study Accounts. It's not that I didn't have the aptitude for it. I just lacked the interest.

Had I taken Arts, I would have loved every bit of it. And I doubt I'd have anything to grumble about. In the the same way if everybody studied something they really liked, half the problem would be solved. As of now, I am quite content lapping up all the knowledge I am getting an opportunity to, but there are many things i still want to learn.

The truth is, we eternally seek knowledge. Why else would we read books, watch movies or go through the newspaper everyday? Intellectual stimulation provides a divine satisfaction. I know it does to me. And I know that I want to bathe in that divine sort of feeling for as long as I live. Bottomline, I never want to stop learning.

1 comment:

shashank said...

Nice post...
The thirst can only be quenched with a receptive mind and an open eye..
Looking fwd to more from u....
Keep blogging :)
Cheers!!